Monday, March 14, 2011

Breakdown?

We were traveling southbound on US 101 on the Oregon coast when I looked in the mirror and seen something wrong with on of the left side tires on our fifth wheel. After I got pulled over onto a large gravel turnout and checked the tire it had a large bubble on the sidewall. Soon after we had stopped the bubble burst and the tire went flat. At that time I called Good Sam RV Emergency Road Service and gave the service advisor a description of our problem and location, which was 15 miles north of Gold Beach Oregon according to our GPS. I was told that Ev’s Hi-Tech Auto & Towing in Gold Beach would be there to help us within 45 minutes. Mr. Everet Amos breakdown service from Ev’s was there in 25 minutes and had us on the road again in a very short time.

We recently took our new 35 foot 5th wheel on a vacation trip from Oklahoma City to California. While in a campground we realized we had a severe leak, with water pouring from below the trailer. The sealed bottom panels were bowed and appeared ready to collapse. It was a weekend and the dealerships were all closed. We could not find a mobile repair service to respond. From reading of all the help others had received from their Good Sam Membership, I decided to try. I called the emergency number and was conected to a service representative nemd Jerome. I explained it was not a mechanical breakdown and knew my problem was not a covered situation, however I asked if he could give me a suggestion or maybe a place to call. Jerome was the first person I spoke with that day who really seemed to care about my problem and wanted to help. He made calls and sought advice on our behalf. He must have spent more than one hour on the phone.

In the end, he really helped get answers and we were able to get the problem fixed. It was not his responsibility he could have just said my problem was not covered. But that is not the way at Good Sam. It is a great feeling, to have a number to call when there is no one else.

No comments:

Seek!