Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Beauty Queen

After seeing such great results with its counterpart shampoo, I was expecting something impressive with this conditioner.

Since this is a conditioner, I don’t know how much it really contributes to “volumizing” my hair; conditioners are supposed to be applied to hair starting below the ears. However, it does make my hair really, really soft beauty. Keep in mind that a little amount goes a long way. This conditioner isn’t super thick/creamy like a lot of other conditioners, so I was fooled into pouring out a huge amount the first time I tried it. I quickly realized my mistake. Also remember that you should comb the conditioner through your hair with your fingers or a finetooth comb. If you don’t, the conditioner will just sit in random areas of your hair and won’t moisturize it at all.

If you have light eyebrows, or lack eyebrow hair, you will understand my woes as I struggle to give myself those two perfect arches every morning. Not only do I lack the hair to make a remote arch, my eyebrows are too light to make any statement at all. I used one of Dior’s eyebrow pencils to shade in what I could, but I have to admit, it wasn’t always satisfactory.

Until they released the DiorShow Brow Styler.

This is probably one of my favorite Dior products, a mere eyebrow pencil. But I can not live without it, especially because I pretty much don’t have eyebrows! Dior’s brow styler does an incredible job of filling in my eyebrows without making it look fake or like I tried too hard. My eyebrows turn out so natural and full that most people can’t tell I drew my eyebrows that morning.

There’s one shade of universal brown that for some reason looks good on any complexion and any hair color. It’s amazing! It’s absolutely perfect for my dark brown hair, but I have seen people with blond hair who use it and it looks perfect on them too. The brush that’s on the other end of this styler does a great job of taming my brow hairs and shaping them prior to using the pencil. ”Pencil” is not the most accurate word, because it’s more like a soft crayon without the waxy feel. It’s long-lasting and versatile. A trick for first-time users is to make small feather strokes (almost like you’re drawing on little hairs) to fill in your brow line. To create darker eyebrows, add more pressure to your strokes or simply draw more strokes. It’s that simple and it will create a completely natural look.

No comments:

Seek!